The oceans harbour a greater diversity of life than any other biome of the planet. In this course you will learn about the diversity of marine habitats, the species inhabiting them, and the physical and chemical factors influencing marine ecosystems. We shall explore rocky shores, sandy beaches, estuaries, mangrove wetlands, reefs and open-water ecosystems. We will emphasise the seminal contributions that marine ecology has made to the broader field of ecology, and teach you fundamental skills in the scientific investigation of marine and coastal ecosystems.
- Enrolled in Program SC523
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 1
- Student contribution band
- Band 2
- Tuition fee
- 3.2: Science, Engineering, Environmental Studies
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Canvas site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.