This course will develop your capacity to identify literacy and numeracy demands in school subjects and design learning experiences to support the development of students’ literacy and numeracy capabilities. Definitions of literacy and numeracy are examined to broaden conceptualisation of these two terms as encompassing more than basic skills. You will refine your own personal literacy and numeracy skills and competencies, and consider the literacy and numeracy requirements of teachers in the 21st century.
- Enrolled in Program AE304, ED315 or SE303
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Session 8, Semester 2
- Moreton Bay: Semester 2
- Student contribution band
- Band 1
- Tuition fee
- 2.1: Mathematics, Education, Language, Literature, Clinical Psych
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Canvas site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.