This course introduces you to the key dimensions and issues associated with modern police practice. The course begins by outlining the historical context of policing, varying conceptions of the role of police over time, and the current broad policing structure. The contemporary face of policing is examined through a study of core functions. Issues of police accountability are also explored, including responses to conduct and performance challenges.
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 2
- Moreton Bay: Semester 2
- Online: Semester 2
- Student contribution band
- Band 4D
- Tuition fee
- 1.4D: Human Society, Society & Culture, Sport & Recreation
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.