This course examines the definitions and practices of mindfulness-based therapies and their role in counselling. There will be a focus on conducting group work for therapeutic benefit. The course will focus on empirically supported clinical interventions across a wide range of populations, a means of fostering self-care as a counselling professional and be a catalyst to move beyond the profession’s focus on pathology to include positive growth and development. The course will be both knowledge-based and experiential as you will learn and apply a variety of mindfulness based practice both for yourself and for your clients.
- Enrolled in Program AR708
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 1
- Student contribution band
- Band 4A
- Tuition fee
- 1.4A: Social Work, Counselling, Welfare Std, Human Welf nec 0905XX
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Canvas site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.