This course utilises a biopsychosocial framework to explore contributing factors and impacts of addiction. The course will examine processes of change when engaging therapeutically with alcohol, drug and other behavioural addictions, and investigate current intervention and treatment strategies when working with individuals, groups and within the community. Skills training will centre around assessment and care planning, therapeutic intervention approaches, relapse prevention and therapist self-care.
- COU750 and COU701 and enrolled in Program AR708
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 2
- Student contribution band
- Band 4A
- Tuition fee
- 1.4A: Social Work, Counselling, Welfare Std, Human Welf nec 0905XX
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Canvas site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.