This course provides theoretical and skills-based competency with Cognitive Behavioural Therapies (CBT). You will study the history, theory, characteristics, and contemporary developments in this field. While introducing the research basis for CBT, this course focuses on the practical application of CBT skills in counselling, including assessment, case formulation, therapeutic techniques, and enhancing the therapeutic alliance. The recent inclusion of mindfulness-based strategies, values focus, and Positive Psychology will be introduced, within a pluralistic therapy practice.
- COU180 or SCS180 and enrolled in Program AR301, AR302, AR303, AR375, AR372, AR374, AR362, AR405
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 1
- Moreton Bay: Semester 1
- Student contribution band
- Band 4A
- Tuition fee
- 1.4A: Social Work, Counselling, Welfare Std, Human Welf nec 0905XX
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Canvas site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.