This foundational course introduces an overview of the development of the major psychotherapeutic theories available to contemporary counsellors. Each major theoretical approach is examined in terms of its concepts and applications to counselling. For each approach the historical context, theoretical basis, basic concepts of human development, the therapeutic process, and its research directions will be introduced. Case studies will be analysed to facilitate application of theory to practice.
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 2
- Moreton Bay: Semester 2
- Student contribution band
- Band 4
- Tuition fee
- 1.4A: Social Work, Counselling, Welfare Std, Human Welf nec 0905XX
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.