Applications have now closed for Semester 2, 2019.
Selections will be held in July/August with all applicants being notified of the outcome of their application by Friday 30 August 2019.
Students enrolled in second year of Mechanical Engineering
Weir Minerals Australia may offer current Scholarship recipients the opportunity to undertake work experience. These arrangements will be negotiated directly between Weir Minerals Australia and the student recipient.
WEIR Minerals Australia is an international and multi-national company. With a base at Coolum on the Sunshine Coast, the Weir Group employs around 15,000 people worldwide in engineering, minerals processing and global mining sectors. Scholarship is paid in instalments of A$3,000 per annum over three years.
Refer to the WEIR Minerals Australia website to gain further understanding of their business and the employment opportunities in the mining and minerals processing sector.
- Full time 2nd year student (will have completed either Semester 1 or 2 program, depending on start date)
- Enrolled in the Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering undergraduate program
- permanent resident of Australia, Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen or Permanent Australian Humanitarian Visa holder
- Selection criteria
- good academic standing
- demonstrable extra-curricular activities/interests in engineering
- Commitment to participate in activities and other opportunities as presented by the donor
- Preference will be given to applicants with an interest or experience in fluid dynamics (especially in pump applications)
- Preference will be given to applicants with an interest or experience in mechanical design projects from concept to prototype development
- Eligible programs
- Mechanical Engineering
- Number available
- A$9,000 | A$3,000 per annum over three years