Please familiarise yourself with the below schedule - it is really important that you are not late to your graduation ceremony.
On the day
- Arrive 90 minutes before your ceremony starts
- Register as soon as you arrive
- Collect your academic dress
Professional photography services from Reed Graduation are available before and after the ceremony. You can have photos taken with your friends and family and perhaps even some of your favourite lecturers and tutors.
Tell your family and friends
- Doors open for family and friends 45 minutes before the ceremony starts. They must present their ticket to get in.
- We offer everyone equal access to graduation. If your guests have accessibility requirements, please advise us so we can make arrangements. Please email all enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A full transcript program is available upon request from ushers for hearing-impaired guests.
- For safety reasons, prams are not permitted in the auditorium, but we are able to accommodate guests who bring one - please speak to ushers for assistance
- Food and beverages will be available for purchase before and after the ceremony
Visit Student Central for more graduation information.
What to wear
Graduation is a formal occasion so we encourage you to dress accordingly. Don't think your outfit won't be seen - your graduation robe will be open at the front, so what you wear underneath will be noticed. The dress code is business attire which means you should dress as though you were going to a job interview. Here are our tips:
- Long-sleeved business shirts and dress pants, or tailored tops and dresses are ideal.
- Avoid wearing a jacket - it will be too hot and bulky.
- You'll be up on the stage so consider the length of dresses or skirts carefully.
- Wear comfortable dress shoes. You will be walking across the stage so make sure you can walk confidently and remember that the stage surface might be a little slippery.
- Your trencher fits firmly over your head so avoid hairstyles or accessories that will interfere with this.
For the purposes of academic dress the award colours are:
Violet - Sciences, Environmental and Related Studies
Academic Green - Business, Information Technology and Commerce
Spectrum Orange - Engineering and Related Technologies
White - Health, Nursing and Sport sciences
New Gold - Education
Royal Blue - Law, Criminology, Creative industries, Design, Communication and Social sciences
Personal information is collected and managed by the University in accord with the Information Privacy Act 2009, and associated legislative requirements. Information may be disclosed to third party service providers for particular operational purposes, whom are bound by the University’s privacy and security requirements. Photography and videography will be ongoing during graduation. All visitors may be included in photography and videography, with the intention of using this imagery ongoing for promotional and media purposes, both in Australia and internationally. If you do not consent to your image being captured, please email email@example.com.