Download the Committee Structure (PDF 113KB)
For PDF documents you must have the free Adobe Acrobat Reader, which can be downloaded from the Adobe Download page.
Council is the University's governing body and derives its powers from the University of the Sunshine Coast Act 1998.
Council has the power to manage and control University affairs, property and finances, and appoint University staff. Where allowed under the Act, Council may delegate its powers to an appropriately qualified member of Council or member of the University’s staff; or to an appropriately qualified committee that includes one or more members of Council.
- Planning and Resources Committee
- Audit and Risk Management Committee
- Honorary Awards Committee
- Nominations Committee and Executive Committee of Council
The Academic Board is the University's senior academic body.
The Board was established under the University of the Sunshine Coast Act 1998 to:
- advise the Council about teaching, scholarship and research matters concerning the University
- formulate proposals for the academic policies of the University
- monitor the academic activities of the University's faculties
- promote and encourage scholarship and research at the University
Standing Committees of Academic Board
- Learning and Teaching Committee
- Research Degrees Committee
- Research Committee
- Program and Course Committee
- Student Academic Appeals Committee
Vice-Chancellor and President's Committees
Art Advisory Committee
The University of the Sunshine Coast Vice-Chancellor’s Art Advisory Committee (VCAAC) is an advisory committee to the Vice-Chancellor and the President. The role of the Art Advisory Committee is to provide expert, balanced and diverse opinion in the implementation of the University Art Collection - Managerial Policy and Procedures, and advice on the incorporation of art into the University’s public spaces.
Equity and Diversity Committee
The Equity and Diversity Committee is an advisory committee to the Vice-Chancellor and President. The role of the Equity and Diversity Committee is to address equity and diversity issues on campus for both staff and students and promote the principles of the University’s Equity and Diversity - Governing Policy.
The USC Executive is the principle management committee of the University, with senior management oversight of the planning and strategy, financial, business, and infrastructure operations of the University. The role of the USC Executive is to bring matters of strategic and operational significance to the attention of the Vice-Chancellor and President, and subsequently to provide analysis and insight into such matters to inform discussion and draw out practical options for the Vice-Chancellor and President's consideration.
Indigenous Advisory Committee
Members of the Indigenous Advisory Committee advise the Vice-Chancellor and President on Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander policy matters relevant to the University. The role of the Committee is to also provide strategic advice and guidance to the Vice-Chancellor and President on the achievement of outcomes for Indigenous students, staff and research and curriculum matters associated with the University, consistent with the Strategic Plan 2019-2022 and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander education and employment initiatives
Quality and Standards Committee
The Quality and Standards Committee (QSC) is an advisory committee to the Vice-Chancellor and President. Its role includes:
- to undertake ongoing review of compliance and alignment with the Higher Education Standards across the University
- to further develop quality management consistent with the Quality and Standards Framework
- to coordinate and oversee TEQSA-related activities
- consistent with provisions in policy and procedures relating to formal reviews, provide advice and monitor action in relation to review findings