The Office of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research and Innovation) is responsible for the strategic development, leadership and management of research activities at USC.
The Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research and Innovation), Professor Roland De Marco is focused on building the current research profile and capacity of USC together with identifying and developing future areas of development.
He oversees the strategies and operations of the Office of Research and regularly provides advice and recommendations to the University's Research Committee and Research Degrees Committee.
These committees provide advice and recommendations to the Academic Board and the Vice-Chancellor and President about the strategic development and management of research and research training at USC.
The Office of Research:
- promotes and supports the development of USC's research profile, performance and culture
- provides advice and support in relation to strategy and planning, policy and operations and improvements to research and research training
- provides institutional capacity building services and activities
- manages and administers research grants, publications, higher degrees by research, research ethics and external liaison and reporting
- Professor John Bancroft, Chief Executive Officer, QCIF - Adjunct Professor
- Dr John Bradley, Senior Materials Science Consultant, Nanolytical - Adjunct Senior Research Fellow
- Professor San Ping Jiang, Fuels and Energy Technology Institute, Department of Chemical Engineering, Curtin University - Adjunct Professor
- Professor David Lambert, Professor of Evolutionary Biology, Griffith School of Environment, Griffith University - Adjunct Professor
- Mrs Julie-Anne Mee, QUT Business School, QUT - Adjunct Industry Fellow
- Professor Colin Raston, SA Premier's Professorial Research Fellow in Clean Technology, School of Chemical and Physical Sciences, Flinders University - Adjunct Professor
- Professor Mark Western, Institute for Social Science Research, University of Queensland - Adjunct Professor
Innovation Centre Sunshine Coast
The Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research and Innovation) oversights USC's interests in the Innovation Centre Sunshine Coast, a wholly owned subsidiary company of USC.
The Innovation Centre is a business incubator and business accelerator supporting the start-up and growth of innovative businesses on the Sunshine Coast.
It is ideally placed to provide linkages for entrepreneurial USC researchers and students to develop and commercialise business interests at the Centre.
Related policies and plans
USC Strategic Plan 2016-2020