Applications for Semester 1 2023 scholarships are now closed.
Applicants will be advised the outcome of their application by close of business on Tuesday 28 February 2023.
The Nambour RSL Scholarship will support students with financial need and personal hardship, who are from the local community and study at the UniSC Sunshine Coast Campus.
As a community club which exists for the benefit of the local community, Nambour RSL will give preference, where possible, to an applicant with ties to the Nambour Region, particularly those who demonstrate leadership and community commitment.
The program provides encouragement, support and funding for 12 months. One scholarship with a value of A$5,000 paid to the recipient over two semesters as follows:
• $2,500 paid to the recipient following enrolment checks at census in Semester 1
• $2,500 paid to the recipient following enrolment checks at census in Semester 2
Please Note: This scholarship is offered on a yearly basis through funds provided by an external donor. If funding is not available in any given year, the scholarship will not be awarded.
- continuing 2nd year student in any Bachelor level undergraduate degree program having successfully completed a minimum of 96 units
- enrolled full-time or part-time (no less than 24 units) at the UniSC Sunshine Coast campus
- minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 5.0
- first in family to attend university
- permanent resident of Australia, Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen or Permanent Australian Humanitarian Visa holder
- Selection criteria
- financial need
- other equity factors including sole parent/carer responsibilities, from a low income background and other areas of significance as determined by UniSC Student Services and Engagement (SSE)
- academic merit
- preference may be given to a student from the local community
- Eligible programs
- Any undergraduate program
- Number available
A$5,000 (A$2,500 per semester)