Lauren Gibson is a part time Lecturer in Occupational Therapy Clinical Education. She has worked predominantly in Queensland, however also practised abroad in the United Kingdom earlier in her career. Lauren has clinical expertise across multiple settings including adult physical, mental health and disability. As a passionate educator, Lauren has taught into the USC OT program at various stages of her career and joins the team with 15 years’ experience as a clinical educator. As part of her role, she provides clinical practice supervision to students (predominantly 3rd and 4th year), as well as support for industry clinical practice supervisors. Lauren is passionate about helping students to translate theory into practice in a meaningful way for the benefit of consumers.
- Registered with Occupational Therapy Board of Australia 2004 - 2012
- Registered with Australian Health Practitioner Registration Agency 2012 - Current
- Occupational Therapy Australia Member
- Dean’s Academic Commendation for High Achievement - University of Queensland 2004
- Queensland Occupational Therapy Fieldwork Collaborative Practice Education Commendations 2009 – 2014
- AHPEP Scholarship – Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital (Burns/Plastics/Vascular) 2010
- Occupational Therapy Clinical Placement Trainer