Dr Ratna Paudyal has been a a lecturer in Accounting at UniSC Fraser Coast since February 2016. Ratna is a highly experienced, qualified and awarded university lecturer with 19+ years of teaching experience at primary, secondary and tertiary levels, both in Australia and overseas and is a member of Chartered Accountants Australia & New Zealand (CA ANZ).
Throughout his academic career Ratna's track record has been exemplary across all courses taught at the University of Western Sydney, University of Southern Queensland and University of Sunshine Coast and he effectively engages students, especially those from diverse backgrounds (including those with low socio-economic status) to facilitate their learning and retention.
- 2020 USC School of Business and Creative Industries learning and Teaching Award- Platinum in recognition of outstanding contribution to the excellence of teaching and learning
- 2020 Senior Fellow in recognition of attainment against the UK Professional Standards Framework for teaching and Learning Support in higher education
- 2019 USC School of Business Engagement Award in recognition of creating productive partnerships between students and the Fraser Coast business community
- 2016 Australian Awards for University Teaching: Citation for Outstanding Contributions to Student Learning For collaborative, student-centred, dialogic teaching and pastoral care that develops self-efficacy and social capital in business students, particularly underrepresented students, facilitating their transition to employment.
- 2015 USQ Citation for Outstanding Contributions to Student Learning. Awarded by Vice-Chancellor: For the sustained development and implementation of highly effective teaching and learning strategies that develop Business students’ self-efficacy and facilitate the transition to the workforce.
- 2015 Australian Council for Educational Leaders Tertiary Teacher of the Year Award for Outstanding Educational Leadership. Awarded by Fraser Coast Education Alliance Inc.
- 2015 Recognition from Executive Dean, Faculty of Business, Education, Law & Arts.
- Course FIN 1101 (Introduction to Corporate Finance) ranked amongst the best USQ courses in 2015 on the basis of student feedback and other data.
- 2012 Lecturer of the Year Award (Ranked 1 at University of Southern Queensland and ranked 40 within all Australian Universities. Awarded by Unijobs.com.au
- 2011 Teacher of The Year (Runner-up), Faculty of Business and Law. Awarded by University of Southern Queensland, Faculty of Business & Law
- 2010 Rank 1 for highest GPA student among 2011 Graduates in Master of Accounting and Master of Professional Accounting at University of Western Sydney
- 2010 Dean’s Merit List Award. Awarded by University of Western Sydney
- Member of Chartered Accountants Australia & New Zealand (CA ANZ)
Professional Social Media
Rotary funding and donation collection
- 2015: Raised 13,596 AUD for Nepal Earthquake Appeal
- 2014: 8,000 AUD to International Nepal Fellowship, Australia, the project is focused on enhancing socioeconomic situation of disable people through health and education in Nepal
- 2013: 8,000 AUD to provide generator to rural community hospital, Rasuwa, Nepal
- 2015: Distribution of school supplies to 1,800 earthquake affected students in Rasuwa, Nepal
- 2015: providing education and health training to school teachers and students in Rasuwa, Nepal
- microfinance and social development
- social capital, socioeconomic sustainability
- financial accounting practice and reporting
- accounting education
- Accounting and Finance
Ratna Paudyal's specialist areas of expertise include accounting education, accounting principles, financial accounting, management accounting, company accounting, auditing and assurance, contemporary account issues, corporate financial management, microfinance, integrated approach in microfinance, social capital, social development, socioeconomic sustainability, poverty, and poverty alleviation program
In the news
Study journey takes Beke from Germany to Fraser Coast18 Oct 2021
A decision to explore Australia has led to a brand-new life and career focus for former Germany bookkeeper Beke Koehn, who graduated recently from USC.
USC helps remote Himalayan villages tackle plastic waste7 Jan 2020
A major rubbish-busting project by USC will seek innovative solutions to reduce and reuse plastic waste in the Himalayan mountain nation of Nepal.