This scholarship is under review for Semester 1, 2022.
Third year students in Civil Engineering intending to pursue a career in Environment and Water
Established in 2009 by Mr Graham Tamblyn to support and encourage a student at USC entering their third year of the Civil Engineering program intending to pursue a career in environment and water.
Since 2009, the Scholarship has been gratefully accepted by 10 students and has become an important and prestigious award for USC Engineering students. Mr Tamblyn has acknowledged how his career at Cardno has inspired and enabled him to make this scholarship available, and in recognition of his contribution, Cardno will continue to support this scholarship at USC.
One scholarship per year valued at $6,000 will be offered, with the recipient receiving $3,000 per year over 2 years - $3,000 in 3rd year and $3,000 in 4th year of the scholarship recipient's study, paid as $1,500 lump sum payments after Census in each eligible semester of study. Scholarship payment will be made approximately three weeks after Census Date, once enrolment has been confirmed.
Please Note: This scholarship or bursary is offered on a yearly basis through funds provided by an external donor. If funding is not available in any given year, the scholarship or bursary will not be awarded.
- full-time third year domestic student
- undertaking a Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) (Honours) degree, majoring or minoring in Environment and Water *
- permanent resident of Australia, Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen or Permanent Australian Humanitarian Visa holder
- Selection criteria
- academic merit
- commitment to career in Civil Engineering in the field of Environment and Water
- written paragraph on why the applicant has chosen the Bachelor Civil Engineering and their career plans and aspirations relating to environment and water.
- Eligible programs
- Civil Engineering
- Number available