Scholarship applications for Semester 1 2023 will open 1 September 2022.
Full-time or part-time student who has successfully completed at least one semester (48 units) and is enrolled in a USC undergraduate program studying a Sustainability major or minor
The Barung Landcare Bursary will be awarded to one (1) student recipient each year, who is a continuing student enrolled in the Sustainability major or minor and can demonstrate passion and leadership, and an interest in pursuing future research or projects in sustainable socio-ecological systems.
The bursary recipient will be invited to undertake volunteer work experience with the Barung Landcare Association. Details of these arrangements will be negotiated directly between Barung Landcare Association and the student recipient.
Payment of the bursary will be made approximately three weeks after Census Date, once enrolment has been confirmed.
Please Note: This scholarship or bursary is offered on a yearly basis through funds provided by an external donor. If funding is not available in any given year, the scholarship or bursary will not be awarded.
- continuing full time or part time student who has successfully completed at least one semester at USC (48 units)
- enrolled in an undergraduate program studying a Sustainability major or minor
- demonstrated passion for the field and interest in pursuing future research or projects in sustainable socio-ecological systems
- Permanent resident of Australia, Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen or permanent Australian Humanitarian Visa holder
- Selection criteria
- demonstrated active community engagement
- demonstrated financial need
- academic merit
- Eligible programs
- Number available