Get $15,000 per year to help you study at USC
If you’re planning to study on campus at USC Fraser Coast or USC Gympie, you might be eligible for $15,000 per year to help with your study costs.
As part of an Australian Government initiative, Destination Australia scholarships are designed to support students to study at university in regional areas.
A Destination Australia scholarship can help you with things like relocation costs, assistance with rent and other household bills, groceries, textbooks and other study supplies.
To be eligible for a Destination Australia scholarship, you must:
- Be commencing full-time study in 2022 at USC Fraser Coast or USC Gympie
- Be enrolled in one of the following programs:
- Maintain ongoing residency in a regional area* for the duration of the program.
*A regional area is classified as RA2 to RA5 by the Australian Standard Geographical Classification Remoteness Area. (Check the 2016 box next the "ASGS Remoteness Areas").
Valued at up to $15,000 per year
Destination Australia scholarships are valued at up to $15,000 per year for the normal duration of your program:
- $7,500 per semester for three-year undergraduate programs (up to a total of $45,000)
- $7,500 per semester for four-year undergraduate programs (up to a total of $60,000)
HOW TO APPLY
Your application must include the following:
- a personal statement demonstrating commitment to studying and supporting the regional community in which you will be studying,
- evidence of academic merit (examples may include transcripts, awards, and commendations – please refer to the Supporting documentation web page for further information), and
- other supporting documentation as evidence of your income and any equity considerations, if applicable.
Applications close on Monday, 31 January 2022.