Applications for Semester 2 2022 scholarships have now closed.
Applicants will be advised the outcome of their application by close of business on Friday 26 August 2022.
The Rural and Regional Enterprise Scholarships Program supports students with the costs of studying at university or at a vocational education and training institution.
The Rural and Regional Enterprise Scholarships (RRES) program was announced in 2016 to help Australians in regional and remote areas to access higher education. It supports people studying from Certificate IV through to PhD level.
Over 4,000 students have received scholarship funding since the program’s first round which commenced in 2018.
Scholarships support flexible study arrangements, and are available to eligible students:
- commencing a new course of study in 2022
- studying on campus, online or via distance education
- studying from six months full-time up to eight years part-time
Eligible students may receive up to $18,000 each (e.g. for a full-time, four-year qualification). Shorter, part-time qualifications are paid on a pro rata basis. An extra $500 is also available to support an internship.
- commencing a new course of study in the same year as the scholarship round
- applicant’s permanent home address must be in a regional or remote area as defined by the Australian Statistical Geography Standard (ASGS) 2016
- can provide evidence of financial need
- Australian citizen, Permanent Resident, holder of a permanent humanitarian visa, or a New Zealand citizen living in Australia
- Selection criteria
- financial need
- capability: You must provide a written response describing:
- a past educational achievement; and/or
- a work achievement; and/or
- Other achievements that help to demonstrate your ability to undertake your Eligible Course of Study.
- Eligible programs
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM), Health or Agriculture
- Number available
Up to $18,000 each