This page is your central resource for information and notices about nursing placement and enrolments. You'll be notified of any updates via your student email.
Your group allocations and timetable are designed to ensure that you can complete your program requirements, without classes clashing with your placement dates.
Class start dates in certain courses will be staggered and some groups will start earlier or later than the usual semester dates to align with placement availability.
It is essential that you enrol in your courses early so we know how many students need to be allocated into placement groups. It also provides the information used to plan the class timetable, aiming to provide a suitable option for everyone. For assistance to plan your remaining courses, visit managing your progression.
Check the key enrolment dates in the academic calendar.
2022 Enrolment information
New students starting the Bachelor of Nursing Science in Semester 1, 2022 or the Bachelor of Nursing Science (Graduate Entry) in Semester 2, 2022 will follow the new program structure and study sequence.
Current students who have completed their first or second year of either program in 2021 will continue to follow the existing program structure and study sequence.
Please check Curriculum Changes on Blackboard to see if any changes need to be considered when planning your study.
Study Period 2 timetable information
Class information for first- and second-year students
- NUR131 and NUR222 will be taught fully online and self-paced. These courses run for 13 weeks will commence for all students on Monday 25 July (Week 1, Semester 2).
- NUR286 will be taught as a four-week intensive, with one six-hour laboratory per week.
- NUR331 will be taught as a four-week intensive, with one six-hour tutorial/workshop per week.
- NUR286 and NUR331 will be offered in Semester 2 and Session 6. Students have been allocated to one of these offerings based on their current NUR227 placement allocation.
- When it’s time to select your classes for NUR286 and NUR331, you will need to select from the available class times for your campus. You can check the available class times on the timetable planner from Wednesday 25 May.
Class information for third-year students
- NUR300 is scheduled for Session 7 and you will be allocated a group by the Clinical Placement Office.
- Placement Group 1 commences 1 August 2022 (Semester 2, Week 2).
- Placement Group 2 commences 3 October 2022 (Semester 2, Week 10).
Graduate entry and mid-year entry students only