Want to work in social media? Kickstart your career with a four-course undergraduate certificate that teaches you the foundations of marketing and public relations theory and practice, and gives you practical experience working with a real client (or your own business) to develop a social media strategy. This program will also teach you how to produce high-quality blogs, video and a wide range of strategic content for mainstream social media platforms. The skills gained from this program will set you apart when applying for employment in the field or support you in managing social media activities for your own business.
- Student profile
Explore the likely peer cohort in the student profile data
In this program you will:
- Develop the skills for content curation and creation across platforms
- Learn how to research and develop a social media strategy
- Gain a solid grounding in public relations and marketing
- Learn how to critically analyse social media and identify the difference between accurate content and mis/disinformation
- Work with a real client to gain practical experience to showcase to future employers
- Social media manager
- Digital marketing manager
- Online community manager
- Content creation executive
- Digital strategist
Completion of Year 12 or be 17 years of age; and meet minimum selection threshold ATAR 55.
Fees for short courses
USC is offering a limited number of Commonwealth supported places in the Undergraduate Certificate in Social Media in 2021. To be eligible for a Commonwealth supported place you must be a domestic student, and meet the citizenship and residency requirements. For more information visit Commonwealth supported places. Eligible students are able to defer payment through HECS‑HELP.
Commonwealth supported places for short courses available under the Federal Government's Job Ready Graduates package are only available for 2021. Any remaining short course units that are commenced in 2022 would not be Commonwealth supported.
How to apply
To apply for the Undergraduate Certificate in Interactive Media, submit the completed online application form via Apply USC.
Note: The Undergraduate Certificate in Interactive Media is pending final approval for 2022.
In order to graduate you must:
- Successfully complete 48 units as outlined in the Program Structure
- The Undergraduate Certificate in Social Media has been designed to articulate into the Bachelor of Communication (Social Media).
- Completing this program within the specified (full-time) duration is based on studying 48 unit points per semester (normally 4 courses) and following the recommended study sequence
- The unit value of all courses is 12 units unless otherwise specified
- It is each students responsibility to enrol correctly according to your course requisites, program rules and requirements and be aware of the academic calendar dates
- Courses within this program are assessed using a variety of assessment methods which may include essays, seminar presentations, reports, in-class tests and examinations
- Refer to the Managing your progression page for help in understanding your program structure, reviewing your progress and planning remaining courses.
Related newsUSC Newsroom
Scholarships expand career, study options for Fraser Coast students28 January
USC is offering 25 exclusive full scholarships for Fraser Coast students applying to study a range of undergraduate certificates this semester.