Paramedic practice requires an understanding of the effect that substance misuse has on individuals and the community. You will investigate the social, ethical and legal aspects to drug use and abuse at an individual, family and community level. Harm minimisation strategies including detoxification will be studied, and students will develop an understanding of their role in caring for individuals with alteration in health due to drug toxicity or drug withdrawal. You will also investigate the assessment and care of poisoned patients, including cases of envenomation.
- BIM263 and HLT221 and enrolled in Program SC395 or SC306
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Online: Session 5
- Student contribution band
- Band 2A
- Tuition fee
- 2.2A: Computing, Built Environment, Other Health
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Canvas site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.