This course provides you with a conceptual framework for understanding the role of human language and how you can apply these concepts to enhance communication in first and second languages. You will also explore: the relationships between language, culture and identity; language variation over geographical and social space and change over time; how language is being shaped by digital technologies; the factors leading to language change, endangerment and growth and the factors which can affect language learning in individuals and communities.
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 2
- Student contribution band
- Band 1
- Tuition fee
- 2.1: Mathematics, Education, Language, Literature, Clinical Psych
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.