This course introduces you to the discipline of midwifery. You will explore the origins and foundations of the discipline and significant milestones that have shaped the way registered professionals practice in each discipline today. You will examine the theoretical, professional, legal and ethical frameworks that underpin practice. You will participate in experiential learning related to principles of practice and how you use these in beginning practice in communication, collaboration, clinical decision making and preliminary healthcare assessment.
- Enrolled in Program AB101, SC393. SC394, UU301, UU302 or XU301
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 1
- Student contribution band
- Band 1
- Tuition fee
- 3.1: Nursing, Midwifery, Foreign Languages
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.