Leading-edge communication for a changing world
Want to future-proof your career? Communication is one of the most in-demand skills across all industries. In a changing global economy, organisations are looking for professionals who can communicate strategically and effectively across a range of audiences, channels and media.
- Only a full-time option is available to international students on a Student visa. Online programs are not available to Student visa holders.
- * Estimated tuition fees are based on 2021 rates. Refer to international fees for more information.
- Not all majors/minors and elective options are available at every campus. You should refer to the What Can I Study tab, and the proposed study sequence for your chosen campus and intake for further information.
- Student profile
Explore the likely peer cohort in the student profile data
- Inherent Academic Requirements
Prospective students must consider the Inherent Academic Requirements before applying to study this program.
- Program coordinator
- Dr Clare Archer-Lean
The Bachelor of Communication (Professional Communication) prepares you to take advantage of this demand, with a broad skillset that includes written, visual and audio communication. You’ll study the foundations of communication theory and its application across a range of fields, including social media, public relations, journalism, publishing and more.
In this program you will:
- Learn the foundations of communication, storytelling and entrepreneurship, and how to use them in professional and global contexts.
- Build practical experience in communication research, content curation, and campaign development and implementation.
- Understand the changing communication needs of a range of groups, including corporate businesses, non-profits and social change organisations.
- Gain hands-on experience through your choice of industry project.
- Social media specialist
- Content strategist
- Communications manager
- Speech writer
- Professional speaker
- Technical writer
- Organisational communication
- Political, NGO, and activist communication
What will I study?
Select your location, starting year and starting semester below to display your program structure and study sequence.
The study sequence ONLY represents the CURRENT program structure. Students MUST follow their commencing structure and use this study sequence to guide enrolment.
Related newsUSC Newsroom
Back to uni helps businesswoman banish COVID déjà vu12 January
While the resurgence of COVID-19 is causing deja vu for many business owners, Fiona Roberts is looking forward to “another amazing year” in 2021.