- Only a full-time option is available to international students on a Student visa. Online programs are not available to Student visa holders.
- * Estimated tuition fees are based on 2022 rates. Refer to international fees for more information.
- Not all majors/minors and elective options are available at every campus. You should refer to the What Can I Study tab, and the proposed study sequence for your chosen campus and intake for further information.
- Student profile
Explore the likely peer cohort in the student profile data
- Inherent Academic Requirements
Prospective students must consider the Inherent Academic Requirements before applying to study this program.
- Program coordinator
- Dr Elizabeth (Jane) Stephens
New technologies continuously change the way we consume news and information. To stay relevant, journalists need a strong foundation in both traditional and digital media.
In this program you’ll develop practical skills in print, broadcast, and digital media, along with a strong sense of ethics, and a good writing background to work in any media environment. With a focus on practical learning, you’ll build a portfolio of professional-level work, participate in an internship, and publish and present journalism with industry partners.
In this program you will:
- Learn from industry professionals and study courses in news writing, online journalism, broadcast journalism, feature writing, photography, media law, editing and investigative reporting.
- Take part in radio and television broadcasts, and develop quality print and digital news content for local media.
- Gain first-hand experience in news media through an internship in the media industry.
- Build a portfolio of work to help you land a job in the competitive journalism industry.
- Enjoy studying a quality journalism degree that has a high rate of graduate employment.
- Online writer
- Feature writer
- Radio journalist
- Television journalist
- Digital content producer
What will I study?
Select your location, starting year and starting semester below to display your program structure and study sequence.
The study sequence ONLY represents the CURRENT program structure. Students MUST follow their commencing structure and use this study sequence to guide enrolment.