The University's $24 million indoor sports stadium is nationally-accredited, fully air-conditioned and seats more than 3,000 spectators.
UniSC Stadium is home to the Sunshine Coast Lightning, the Sunshine Coast's first national sports team.
They play home games and train alongside local school, grassroots athletes and community groups who also use the facilities.
The facility caters to a range of sports at all levels of competition, including basketball, futsal, netball, badminton and volleyball.
Due to high demand, the stadium was re-developed in 2019 to provide refurbished athlete and public facilities and additional seating.
UniSC Stadium has:
- Three netball, basketball, volleyball and futsal courts
- Four badminton courts
- One international-sized futsal court
- One indoor hockey court
- Timber sports thrust floor
- Six large toilet/changeroom areas, including an umpires changeroom
- Tiered spectator seating with a total capacity of 3000 seats (two retractable and one fixed seating unit)
- A total floor size of 3,705 square metres
- Broadcast-quality lighting
- Broadcast and performance analysis platforms
- Video wall and six 75" LED screens
- One netball-specific drop-in floor
- Multi-purpose function room with AV
- Dedicated seating for people with a disability
Acknowledgement of Queensland Government
The UniSC Stadium redevelopment project received A$9m in funding from the Queensland Government Department of Housing and Public Works (Sport and Recreation Services). The redevelopment contributed significantly in positioning the Sunshine Coast as a preferred training and competition destination for local, national and international athletes and teams, and positively impacted the development of the high performance sports industry on the Sunshine Coast. The views of the project do not necessarily reflect the views of the Queensland Government.
* Must have confirmed booking
A venue to motivate and inspire
UniSC has modern, fully-equipped and flexible event spaces to accommodate anything from a small meeting to a larger corporate function, exhibition or high-level sporting and media event.