Success in a higher degree by research (HDR) program can be made easier if you get off to a good start and are aware of your rights and responsibilities as an HDR student as well as the support and opportunities provided by the University to assist you to successful completion of your degree.
The Graduate Research School team coordinates the compulsory HDR student induction for commencing students. The induction day is an in-person opportunity to provide HDR candidates with information to help them get started and navigate their candidature at USC. Induction includes important information about:
- candidature, milestones, forms and guidance;
- research ethics and integrity;
- intellectual property;
- training and development opportunities which complement your HDR;
- support networks including USC Library, Information Technology Services, HDR Representatives, Student Wellbeing and more.
Due to COVID-19 additional induction sessions will be held. The June and July Induction sessions are a combination of online resources and a Zoom session.
HDR candidates are required to participate in the HDR Student's Induction as close to the time of their commencement as possible.
2020 key dates
- Thursday, 18 June - Registration closed
- Thursday, 16 July - Registration open
- Tuesday, 15 September - closed
- Thursday, 19 November - closed