The SVRPU connects national and international researchers who are committed to establishing knowledge and evidence to understand, prevent and respond to sexual violence and abuse.
- Ms Dimity Adams, Senior Research Fellow, USC. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Associate Professor Kelley Burton, Associate Professor in Law, USC. Email: email@example.com
- Professor Sarah Brown, Adjunct Professor, USC. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Associate Professor Philip Crane, Associate Professor in Social Work, USC. Email: email@example.com
- Dr Andrea Darling, Durham University, UK. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Donald Findlater, Director, Stop it Now! UK and Ireland, The Lucy Faithfull Foundation, UK. Email: email@example.com
- Dr Carlene Firmin, Principal Research Fellow, University of Bedfordshire, UK. Email: Carlene.Firmin@beds.ac.uk
- Associate Professor James Freeman, Principal Research Fellow, USC. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr Danielle Harris, Deputy Director Research - Griffith Youth Forensic Service, Griffith Criminology Institute, Senior Lecturer - Griffith University. Email: email@example.com
- Professor Daryl Higgins, Director, Institute of Child Protection Studies, ACU. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Professor Christian Jones, Leader, Engage Research Lab, Professor, Interactive Digital Media, USC.
- Dr Danielle Labhardt, Lecturer, Manchester Metropolitan University, UK. Email: email@example.com
- Dimitra Lattas, Associate Lecturer in Social Work, USC. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Associate Professor Sarah McMahon, Rutgers University School of Social Work, USA. Email: email@example.com
- Dr Emily Moir, Lecturer in Criminology and Justice, USC. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr Dominique Moritz, Senior Lecturer in Law, USC. Email: email@example.com
- Dr Tess Patterson, Senior Lecturer, Associate Dean (Student Affairs), Clinical Psychologist, University of Otago, NZ.
- Dr Kelly Richards, Senior Lecturer, QUT.
- Dr Olga Sanchez de Ribera, Postdoctoral Researcher, Universidad de la Republica (UdelaR), Uruguay
- Dr Nico Trajtenberg, Associate Professor, School of Social Sciences, Universidad de la Republica (UdelaR), Uruguay.
- Associate Professor George Tsagaris, School of Social Work, Cleveland State University, USA. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr Julianne Webster, Research Manager, Queensland Police Service. DrJulianneWebster@gmail.com
- Professor Nick Tilley, Principal Research Associate, Jill Dando Institute, Department of Security and Crime Science, University College London. Email: email@example.com
- Professor Richard Wortley, Head, Department of Security & Crime Science, Director, Jill Dando Institute of Security & Crime Science, University College London. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Karen Aspinall, Executive Director, Laurel Place Inc.
- Francesca Brown, Clinical Psychologist / Social Worker, Queensland Health.
- Nat Cairns, USC SASH Taskforce Project Lead, USC Australia.
- Matt Gardiner, Executive Director Australian Services, Save the Children.
- Dion Glass, Director, CrimePsych Research & Consulting.
- Nikki Holmes, National Education Manager, Daniel Morcombe Foundation.
- Rebekah Kilpatrick, Head of the National Office for Child Safety, Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet.
- Mary Jo McVeigh, CEO, Cara House.
- Lyn Millett, Executive Manager, Professional Education and Safeguarding Children Services, Australian Childhood Foundation.
- Barbara Power, Child Safe Principal Practitioner, UnitingCare.
- Carol Ronken, Director of Research, Bravehearts Foundation.
- Alex Sharp, Manager - Student Wellbeing, Student Services & Engagement, USC.
- Ashwini Soni, Qld Corrective Services (Community).
- Conrad Townson, Principal Advisor on Child Sexual Exploitation, IFYS.
- Nicole Trousdell, Regional Director, Youth Justice.
- Karen Verrier, Practice Leader, Benevolent Society.
- Andrew Allen, PhD Candidate, USC.
- Tashena Biffanti, PhD Candidate, USC.
- Isabelle Hull, PhD Candidate, USC.
- Shona Innes, PhD Candidate, USC.
- Katelyn Jansen, PhD Candidate, Griffith University.
- Jessica Lockitch, PhD Candidate, USC.
- Timea Molnar, PhD Candidate, Griffith University.
- Melinda Osbourne, PhD Candidate, USC.
- Belinda Peacock, PhD Candidate, USC.
- Bricklyn Priebe, PhD Candidate, USC.
- Amanda Robertson, PhD Candidate, Griffith University.
- Rachael Stubbs, Masters by Research (Social Work), USC.
As a group, we value respect, integrity, innovation, diversity and perseverance. If this is a team you would like to join as a staff member, external academic, government or non-government professional, student, volunteer or visitor then we are interested in hearing from you.
Become a member
To become an affiliated member of the SVRPU, complete the membership application form on this page.
Adjunct Members: Adjunct members include USC academic staff, directly contributing to the unit's research performance, and external national or international academics, working in this field in collaboration with USC to advance the SVRPU research agenda.
Professional Members: Professional members currently working in relevant industry positions.
Student Members: Students undertaking Honours or Higher Degree Research studies with the SVRPU, and/or working in a paid research capacity with the SVRPU
Depending on the membership, some benefits may include:
- Formal association with a reputable sexual violence research and prevention unit
- Receiving, and contributing to, tri-annual newsletters
- Discounted rates for SVRPU-led events
- Involvement in future strategic planning days to contribute to future directions of the Unit
- Building research practice and professional networks
- Research collaborations (funded and unfunded projects and publications)
- Learning about current research and practice in this field
- Contributing professional expertise to relevant research
Depending on the membership, contributions may include:
- Co-authorship on publications
- Secondary attributions to the SVRPU on relevant publications
- Externally-funded (and non-funded) research partnerships
- Contributions to the tri-annual newsletters
- Supervision or Co-supervision of HDR students
- Collaboration on SVRPU research projects
- Contributing to and/or presenting at SVRPU and/or student-led events
- Contributing resources to the SVRPU website
- External supervision of HDR students
- Guest lectures