Step 1: Review the eligibility requirements and selection criteria
Prepare your application according to these requirements.
- Prior to applying for a RTP Scholarship, applicants must first have been accepted to enrol in a HDR program at USC.
- RTP Scholarship applications can be submitted concurrently with an Application for Admission
- To be eligible to receive a RTP Stipend Scholarship, a student must not be receiving income from another source to support general living costs while undertaking their HDR if that income is greater than 75 per cent of the RTP Stipend rate. Income unrelated to the students HDR or income received for the HDR but not for the purposes of general living costs will not be taken into account.
- To be eligible to receive a RTP Fees Offset Scholarship, a student must not be receiving an equivalent award or scholarship from the Commonwealth designed to offset HDR fees.
Recipients for RTP Scholarships will be assessed on the following criteria and ranked in order of merit -
- Undergraduate degree
- Research training degree
- Research publications
- Professional research experience
- Research alignment
The Awarding a HDR Scholarship - Guidelines provides details on the selection criteria used to rank your application in order of merit. It is recommended you are familiar with the content to assist in the preparation of your strongest possible application.
As per the Guidelines, International Scholarships may only be awarded to students undertaking research in an area identified by USC as a research concentration. Further detail on USC's Research Centres and Clusters is available at Research and innovation.
For more information on Research Training Program Scholarships at USC please see the below policy and procedures.
- Research Training Program Scholarships - Managerial Policy
- Postgraduate Research Scholarships - Procedures
- Schedule of Conditions (Research Training Program Scholarships)
Step 2: Prepare an application form and supporting documents
Ensure you submit:
- Research Training Program Scholarship application form - do not submit until the RTP Scholarship Round opens on 3 June 2019. Early applications cannot be processed.
- Supporting documentation
* For PDF documents you must have the free Adobe Acrobat Reader, which can be downloaded from the Adobe Download page.
Step 3: Submit your RTP Scholarship application by the scholarship closing date ^
Applications will be accepted from Monday 3 June through Sunday 13 October
* One of the eligibility criteria is that applicants must have been accepted to enrol in a HDR program at USC. Therefore, below are recommended deadlines for submitting Admission Applications:
- International applicants — Sunday 28 July, 2019
- Domestic applicants — Sunday 15 September, 2019
If you do not submit your Admission Application by the above date and you do not receive an Offer for Admission before 13 October, you will be ineligible for the RTP Scholarship and your application will not be considered.
Applicants in their final semester of a Bachelor Honours Degree or Masters Degree (Research) or equivalent may apply. The qualification will be assessed as completed to the highest standard. A Conditional Offer may be made with an Unconditional Offer being made once evidence is received of the successful completion of the degree to the required standard.