Applications can be submitted to the Office of Research until 4pm on 15 September 2019.
This scholarship is available to prospective students and open to any research project that will substantively require the use of state-of-the-art chromatography and spectroscopy equipment, now available at USC.
This scholarship is partially funded by Agilent Technologies Pty Ltd via a Collaborative Research Partnership between USC and Agilent, and as such will utilise knowhow and expertise provided by Agilent and their international research networks. The scholarship is available to any eligible domestic student and any suitable research project that will substantively require the use of state of the art chromatography and mass spectrometry equipment (e.g. LC, GC, preparative LC, LCTQ MSMS, LCQ-TOF MSMS and/or NMR), which is available at USC. Prospective students should identify and contact potential supervisors to discuss suitable research projects prior to submission of their application.
For more information, contact A-Prof Steven Ogbourne, email@example.com.
- Domestic applicants (Australian or New Zealand)
- Bachelor's Degree with First Class Honours or Research Masters Degree in a science discipline
- Not hold a PhD already
- Not have previously held a Commonwealth-funded HDR scholarship unless it was terminated within six months of the current scholarship's payments commencing
- Not be the recipient of an equivalent award, scholarship, or salary, providing a benefit greater than 75 percent of the Research Training Program rate to undertake a HDR. Income unrelated to the course of study is not to be taken into account.
- The project needs to substantively utilise the state of the art chromatography and spectrometry equipment, which is available at USC.
- Selection criteria
- Academic qualifications - Undergraduate degree and Research Training degree
- Record of research publications
- Professional research experience
- Eligible programs
- Number available
- Annual stipend: $27,596 (equivalent to RTP rate)
- Additional funds: $22,500 (total) is available to support travel for conference/training, research expenses and additional stipend as determined by the supervisor
- To apply:
- Complete an application for admission to the PhD program following the directions on the HDR Applicants page.
- Apply for the scholarship-
- Complete the HDR Scholarship Application & Response to Selection Criteria - Refer to HDR Scholarship application and assessment process for important information about how your application will be assessed
- Provide supporting documentation that demonstrates your research capabilities and experience - must include Research Proposal
- Submit to the Graduate Research Office via firstname.lastname@example.org