Semester 1, 2020 applications open 1 September 2019 and close on 30 November 2019.
Selections will be held in January/February with all applicants being notified of the outcome of their application by Friday 28 February 2020.
The Airport Pavement Engineering Bursary is awarded to B Eng (Civil) (Honours) or B Eng (Civil) (Honours) / B Env Sci students undertaking specific pavement engineering projects
Offered for the first time in 2019, the Airport Pavement Engineering Bursaries will be awarded to students who are undertaking one of the pavement engineering projects below:
• Using dynamic modulus in airport pavements
• Developing an asphalt ageing test
• Assessing the evolution of runway friction
• Alternate airport concrete strength tests
Two (2) final year undergraduate engineering students will receive A$2,000 approximately three weeks after Census Date, once enrolment has been confirmed in the Semester the Bursary is awarded and the project undertaken.
- full-time undergraduate student
- enrolled in Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) (Honours) or Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) (Honours) / Bachelor of Environmental Science
- Final year student
- Permanent resident of Australia, Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen or permanent Australian Humanitarian Visa holder
- Selection criteria
- commitment to undertake specified pavement project
- academic merit in relevant courses
- demonstrated interest in pavement engineering
- Eligible programs
- B Eng (Civil) (Honours) or B Eng (Civil) (Honours) / B Env Sci
- Number available
- 2 per year