How to change your program

Go to Backoffice

Accessibility links

How to change your program


What degree should I study?

Career planning is a lifelong process. It involves a series of decisions considered over time as your life priorities and opportunities change. For university students, career planning is about choosing a career path related to your field of study and preparing you for employment. A range of career resources are available via Career Development.

Undergraduate programs

If you have completed at least one semester of study in a USC award program (either successfully or unsuccessfully) prior to the Study Period in which your program change will become effective, you can apply to change your program of study. The admission criteria in place for new students will also apply for all students wanting to change program.

There are two program change windows each year. Applications to change program for Study Period 1 2018 will be open from 04 September to 02 October 2017. Late applications will be accepted subject to space being available in the requested program. The last date to submit an application for the Bachelor of Midwifery is 31 October 2017, applications for this program will not be accepted after 31 October 2017.

If you are receiving a scholarship, prior to submitting an application please contact Scholarships to check if changing your program will affect your ability to continue to receive your scholarship.

If you have not completed a semester of study in a USC program (e.g. deferred commencement of your program or withdrew from your first semester of study prior to census date), you will need to apply through QTAC (domestic students only).

Do not use this form to add or change a major/minor within your existing program. To add or change a major/minor within your existing program please visit Forms and document requests and submit a Registration of Majors/Minors form.

Please complete the 'Change to an Education program' application to request a change to the following programs:

  • Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood)
  • Bachelor of Education (Secondary)/Bachelor of Arts
  • Bachelor of Education (Secondary)/Bachelor of Recreation and Outdoor Environmental Studies
  • Bachelor of Education (Secondary)/Bachelor of Science
  • Bachelor of Primary Education

For all other programs, please complete the 'Change to a non-Education program' application.

Postgraduate programs

If you are a postgraduate student, you will need to re-apply for the new program using the Application for Postgraduate Coursework form.

International postgraduate students will need to re-apply for the new program via USC International.

International students

International students studying on a Student visa who are considering a program change that impacts on their overall duration of study are advised to discuss their program change intentions with the Department of Immigration and Border Protection to identify potential impacts on their Student visa.

Back to top

Pro tip: To search, just start typing - at any time, on any page.

Searching {{ model.SearchType }} for returned more than {{ model.MaxResults }} results.
The top {{ model.MaxResults }} of {{ model.TotalItems }} are shown below.

Searching {{ model.SearchType }} for returned {{ model.TotalItems }} results.

Searching {{ model.SearchType }} for returned no results.