Help design the future of education.
Take your first step into education research with a postgraduate qualification designed to build advanced research skills.
Whether you’re an educator looking to explore an aspect of pedagogy, or are looking for a pathway to a PhD, this program provides the opportunity to deepen your knowledge in a collaborative environment with like minded education researchers.
In this program you will:
- Work under the supervision of USC’s highly trained staff to develop your idea into a researchable topic.
- Develop advanced postgraduate skills in research methods, information literacy, proposal writing and research dissemination.
- Enjoy a flexible learning environment that includes face-to-face components supported by online lectures, tutorials and study notes, and is designed to integrate with your busy lifestyle.
Note: The Graduate Certificate in Education Research is a postgraduate qualification designed for educators currently working in the field. It does not qualify graduates for teacher registration.
A student entering the Graduate Certificate in Education Research will normally be required to hold a four year bachelor degree (AQF Level 7) qualification in the education discipline from a recognised institution, or equivalent qualification.
Application and admission advice
Contact Student Central
+61 7 5430 2890
Ground floor, Building C, Sippy Downs
What will I study
Required courses (4) 48 units
|Course||Semester of offer||Requisites|
|EDN701 Researching Education 24 units||Pre: Enrolled in Program ED511 or ED705|
|EDN705 Education Research Theories and Methodologies 24 units||Pre: Enrolled in Program ED511, ED705 or ED802|
Note: Program structures are subject to change. Not all USC courses are available on every USC campus.
Total units: 48
- Successfully complete 48 units as outlined in the Program Structure
How to apply
Am I eligible to apply?
- Confirm that you meet the program specific admission requirements, prerequisites and recommended prior study outlined on Why study this program?
- Confirm that you meet the general postgraduate admission requirements and English Language Proficiency requirements
- Download and complete the Application for postgraduate coursework form.
- Lodge the completed application form with supporting documentation to Student Central by the due date.
- Search for answers, ask questions or contact Student Central