Learn to research health issues in a clinical setting
Pursue your passion for health care in this honours program that has a strong focus on clinical practice. As part of this degree, you’ll develop your research capabilities through coursework and undertake a research project where you’ll learn more about a contemporary health issue that sparks your interest.
There are opportunities to collaborate with experienced researchers in fields such as maternal and child health, acute and complex care of adults and health professional education.
Our program is designed to help you transition from being a registered nurse to an academic or professional role.
In this program you will:
- Undertake a research project of your choice
- Develop knowledge of research in health care and selected research methodologies and methods
- Learn about health care and research from experienced supervisors working in the industry
- AQF Level 7 Bachelor of Nursing Science award (or equivalent)
- Registered with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- English language requirements
- GPA of 5.0 over the second and third year of the degree program
- Registered nurse in a wide range of practice contexts and roles
- Nurse researcher
- Academic career pathway
Graduates are eligible to become members of:
- Australian College of Nursing
Study at USC Moreton Bay
Australia's newest university campus — USC Moreton Bay is opening at Petrie in Semester 1, 2020. Choose from almost 50 undergraduate degrees with applications open from August 2019.Learn more
Application and admission advice
Contact Student Central
+61 7 5430 2890
Ground floor, Building C, Sippy Downs
Students to do clinical placements in Indo-Pacific
Forty-five Nursing Science students from four USC campuses will complete clinical placements in Indonesia, starting from this month, with funding support from the Australian Government’s New Colombo Plan Mobility Program.
Event brings together USC students and employers
Students gearing up to graduate this year from two of USC’s most popular degrees have gained vital job information direct from some of the biggest employers in their industry.
Carla gains Graduate Nurse award and dream role
USC graduate Carla Dreyer has claimed the Sunshine Coast Hospital and Health Service's Graduate Nurse of the Year award.
Nursing students to give Men’s Shed check-ups
A team of USC Nursing Science students will become a wellbeing ‘pit stop crew’ for Buderim Men’s Shed members tomorrow as part of a national campaign that encourages men to pay as much attention to their health as they do to their vehicles.
Mother of two awarded University Medal
A mother of two who enrolled in a Nursing Science degree at USC after a long career in retail has graduated with flying colours and received a University Medal for academic excellence.
Wamuran graduate lands nursing position
Madison Fredberg of Wamuran has headed to North Queensland for work after completing a Bachelor of Nursing Science at the University of the Sunshine Coast.
What will I study
I am a...
Select your location, starting year and starting semester below to display your program structure and a recommended study sequence.
The recommended study sequence ONLY represents the CURRENT program structure. Students MUST follow their commencing structure and use this recommended study sequence to guide enrolment.
How to apply
Am I eligible to apply?
- Confirm that you meet the program specific admission requirements, prerequisites and recommended prior study outlined on Why study this program?
- Confirm you meet the English Language Proficiency requirements
- Refer to the application dates for cut-off dates and deadlines
- Make an appointment with the Honours Coordinator within the relevant school to discuss your potential research topic and the availability of suitable supervisors.
- Download the Application for Honours program form
- Lodge the completed application form with supporting documentation to Student Central by the due date.
- Search for answers, ask questions or contact Student Central
How to enrol
New to USC?
Once you have applied and received your offer of a place from USC, follow the steps to Get Started at USC to respond to your offer, plan your study and enrol in the correct courses (subjects).
Before you enrol it's important to check your commencing program structure and the published recommended study sequence to make sure you study the right courses at the right time and will be ready to graduate from your degree when you plan to.
To better understand your program structure and for instructions on how to review your progress and plan your remaining courses, visit the Managing your progression page.
Visit How do I enrol? for enrolment instructions and key dates.
View step-by-step instructions to enrol at How do I enrol?
Refer to the Academic Calendar for key dates, including the last day to add, drop or swap a course or class and Census dates.
Search for answers and ask questions about enrolling or contact Student Central.