Ridesharing is a great way to get to uni and it’s even easier to find a ride or offer a lift using the new Liftango app. By using the Liftango app you can get exclusive access to reserved Liftango rideshare parking spaces on the USC Sunshine Coast campus, and contribute to reducing traffic congestion, improving road safety (for our wildlife too), improving air quality and reducing impacts of climate change.
What is Liftango?
Liftango is a free ridesharing app available exclusively for USC students and staff members. The Liftango app aims to match riders (passengers) with drivers to make ridesharing easy and rewarding. The app functions in a similar way to other ridesharing apps you may have used. For drivers, it will provide directions to your riders nominated pick up point. For riders, the app will let you know that your driver is on their way.
The Liftango app is free to download and free to use.
Why rideshare using Liftango?
Ridesharing could save you money and time, reduce stress associated with finding a car park and help you meet other people. USC and Liftango believe that you should also be rewarded, so exclusive rideshare parking spaces will be available when you use the app. Further to that, drivers, and sometimes riders, may be eligible to receive vouchers from time to time.
How do I use the Liftango app?
The rideshare app is accessible within the trusted network of USC students and staff. To register, you must be a current enrolled student or current staff member.
- Download the free app from the iTunes or Google Play stores.
- Sign-up using your USC email address and assign a new password.
- Create your user profile.
- Enter your commuting patterns.
- The app will then match drivers and riders with similar trips. It's that simple!
You are ready to Rideshare. The app will let you know the best fit for your unique trip needs. Both the rider and driver have the opportunity to accept the match. Once the match is accepted the app will let the driver know where to pick you up and as the driver approaches the app will let you know they are almost there.
You must hold an Open Drivers licence to be a driver. Provisional licences and students under 18 can use Liftango as a rider.
Drivers are required to bring a minimum of one additional passenger with them in the car to be eligible to use the Rideshare bays at USC Sunshine Coast campus.
- Rideshare drivers are still required to comply with USC Sunshine Coast campus parking rules. You must purchase an ePermit or eTicket when parking at USC Sunshine Coast.
- How do the exclusive Rideshare allocated parking spaces work?
- What happens if there are no carparks available?
- How does the USC ensure that only Rideshare users park in the allocated Rideshare car park spots?
- Is my vehicle insurance affected by ridesharing?
- How is privacy of the drivers and riders protected?
Can I use Liftango at all USC locations?
Yes, as long as you have registered your USC email address you can use the app to and from any USC site. The app makes it easy to be flexible – if you want to rideshare only on certain days, just load up those trips into the app.
Please note that only USC Sunshine Coast campus has allocated rideshare parking bays which are located in carpark 5.
Where can I get help?
If you are having technical issues or want to provide feedback on the app, contact Liftango via email email@example.com
Need more information?
If you require further information on ridesharing to our campus contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone +61 7 5430 1195.