OSCA the composter
OSCA can process up to 50 tonnes of organic waste per year
Water Refill Campus Initiative
Refill your water and help us to prevent approximately 40,000 plastic water bottles per year going to landfill.
USC Express Shuttle
USC express shuttle service provides low fares for direct USC travel routes to all staff and students.
The University of the Sunshine Coast is committed to environmental sustainability for the benefit of students, staff and the wider community. USC has an active program of sustainability initiatives that address both large-scale issues such as energy, waste, recycling and the campus environment, and targeted activities such as the development and use of green cleaning practices.
The latest sustainable news
- 30 November 2016 USC praised at Premier’s Sustainability Awards
- 2 November 2016 University in running for national sustainability award
- 1 July 2015 Surfboards in spotlight at Research Week seminar
- 14 May 2015 Researchers work to boost Gympie region’s resilience
- 24 February 2015 Refill initiative to whet enthusiasm for sustainability
- 12 November 2014 USC’s waste reduction earns prestigious award