Report on Council meeting - 1 August 2019
At its meeting held on 1 August 2019, the following matters were received/considered/noted by the University Council:
Presentations: Forestry Research at USC
Council received a presentation from Professor Mark Brown, Director, Forest Industries Research Centre and Professor John Herbohn, Director Tropical Forests and People Research Centre covering research undertaken by the three forest Research Centres taking place in several countries.
Strategic Plan 2019-2022 performance measure business rules and target assessment summary
Council resolved to approve the Strategic Plan 2019-2022 performance measure business rules and target assessment summary, as set out in Document 3.1.1.
June Budget Outcomes Report
Council resolved to approve the June Budget Outcomes Report of the University Consolidated Budget, as set out in Document 3.1.2.
Amendments to the Composition of the Academic Board
Council resolved to approve the changes to the Composition of Academic Board, as set out in Document 3.3.1.
Planning and Reporting Framework – Governing Policy
Council resolved to approve the amendments to the Planning and Reporting Framework – Governing Policy, as set out in Document 4.2.1.
On this occasion, Council also received or noted the following:
- Regular reports from the Chancellor, Vice-Chancellor and President, Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic) and Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research and Innovation)
- French Review into Freedom of Speech
- Minutes and reports of standing committees of Council
- Overview of the inaugural Sustainability and Engagement Forum held on 29 May 2019
- Capital & Commercial & Asset Management Report
- Moreton Bay Project Update
- Annual Report on Conferral of Awards
- Report on Exercise of Authorisations
- Report on Use of the University Seal
- Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Pilot Report