Council is the University's governing body and derives its powers from the University of the Sunshine Coast Act 1998.
The primary responsibilities of the Council of the University of the Sunshine Coast are:
- To appoint the Vice-Chancellor and President as the Chief Executive Officer of the University and to monitor his/her performance against agreed indicators
- To determine the Vision and strategic direction of the University and to approve the annual budget
- To oversee and review the management of the University and its performance
- To establish high level policy and procedural principles, consistent with legal requirements and community expectations
- To approve and monitor systems of control and accountability, including general overview of any controlled entities of the University
- To oversee and monitor the assessment and management of risk across the University, including commercial undertakings
- To oversee and monitor the academic activities of the University
- To approve significant commercial activities
- To ensure the ongoing appropriateness of all delegations approved by Council.
Further information about the USC Council is available in the Council Handbook *
* For PDF documents you must have the free Adobe Acrobat Reader, which can be downloaded from the Adobe Download page.