The Office of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research and Innovation) is responsible for the leadership and management of research activities at USC.
The Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research and Innovation), Professor Roland De Marco is focused on building the current research profile and capacity of USC and identifying and developing future areas of growth.
He oversees the strategies and operations of the Office of Research and regularly provides advice and recommendations to the University's Research Committee and Research Degrees Committee.
The Office of Research:
- promotes and supports the development of USC's research profile, performance and culture
- provides advice and support in relation to strategy and planning, policy and operations and improvements to research and research training
- provides professional development and institutional capacity building services and activities
- manages and administers research grants and consultancies, publications, higher degrees by research, research ethics and external liaison and reporting
- Professor Eric Bakker, Department of Inorganic, Analytical and Applied Chemistry, The University of Geneva, Switzerland - Adjunct Professor
- Dr John Bradley, Senior Materials Science Consultant, Nanolytical - Adjunct Senior Research Fellow
- Professor San Ping Jiang, Fuels and Energy Technology Institute, Department of Chemical Engineering, Curtin University - Adjunct Professor
- Dr Anna Lashtabeg, Scientist, Nanolytical - Adjunct Senior Scientist
- Professor David Lambert, Professor of Evolutionary Biology, Griffith School of Environment, Griffith University - Adjunct Professor
- Professor Jennifer Martin, Director, Griffith Institute for Drug Discovery, Griffith University - Adjunct Professor
- Professor Colin Raston, SA Premier's Professorial Research Fellow in Clean Technology, School of Chemical and Physical Sciences, Flinders University - Adjunct Professor
- Professor Mark Western, Institute for Social Science Research, University of Queensland - Adjunct Professor
Innovation Centre Sunshine Coast
The Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research and Innovation) is also responsible for the Innovation Centre Sunshine Coast, a wholly owned subsidiary company of USC.
The Innovation Centre is a business incubator and business accelerator supporting the start-up and growth of innovative businesses on the Sunshine Coast.
It is ideally placed to provide linkages for entrepreneurial USC researchers and students to develop and commercialise business interests at the Centre.
Related policies and plans
USC Strategic Plan 2016-2020