The UniSC Student Senate together with the Students as Partners team delivers the UniSC Student Leadership Symposium annually in Orientation Week of Semester Two. The Symposium is designed to motivate and inspire and offers professional development and networking opportunities for all UniSC students.
In 2023 the symposium theme is “From inspiration to empowerment".
Equipping students with graduate attributes and supporting them to articulate these with confidence are core parts of empowering students for future success and of ‘recognising the complexities of a world in which specific knowledge quickly becomes redundant, but a wider skillset combined with the ability to continue to learn sets graduates apart.
- Develop your leadership and understanding of how to cultivate inspiration and foster empowerment
- Connect with like-minded students and create new networks
- Hear from leaders in the field and gain practical ideas you can apply now
- Earn Leadership Award Points
The full day event can be attended in person at Sippy Downs or selected sessions via Zoom, and will feature a range of presentations, panel discussions, workshops, and student led presentations. Morning tea and lunch will be provided. Group transport may also be available from other campuses.
Full program released closer to the symposium date
Previous topics have included:
- 2022- Communication, Collaboration and Compassion
- 2021- Sustainable thinking
- 2020- Wellbeing and Leadership
- 2019- Employability and mentorship
What students gained from attending the Student Leadership Symposium:
“Reassurance and knowledge that where you start doesn't necessarily dictate where you end up.”
“Knowledge, good food, ideas, new people to collaborate with, leadership award points and inspiration.”
“So much! I learnt that other people have the same doubts, fears, and passions that I do and that nothing is impossible.”
"Networking with other student leaders that I had not had the opportunity to meet previously. Being inspired by other students."