What is an Academic Skills Adviser (ASA)?
The Indigenous Services Academic Skills Adviser (ASA) Program offers FREE academic skills development support to assist Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander students in their student success journey. The assistance provided is based on an assessment of individual student study requirements.
This support is available throughout your studies.
- Do you need to develop your study and time management skills?
- Do you need to get started on an assignment?
- Do you need to know how to search databases or find journal articles?
- Do you need help with referencing?
- Do you need to know how to navigate Canvas?
- Do you know what other academic services exist on campus?
You can discuss the support you require from an Adviser in your first appointment.
Advisers are available face to face, via phone, email or Zoom.
To be paired with an ASA, please fill out the online student application form.
- Please have a copy of your assignment, your course outline, assignment instructions, and marking criteria/rubric with you in your appointment
For more information please contact:
Tel: +61 7 5456 5889
Become an Academic Skills Adviser
Interested in assisting Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander students with their Academic support requirements at UniSC?
Please look out for the UniSC jobs portal for future advertisement.
If you have any other queries, please contact email@example.com