Health Promoting University Framework
The University of the Sunshine Coast is committed to operating under the World Health Organisation Health Promoting Universities framework and is guided by the Okanagan Charter: An International Charter for Health Promoting University and Colleges.
In its role as employer and educator for some 1,200 staff and 18,000 students, UniSC acknowledges its contribution to helping to promote health and wellbeing to this large and diverse community.
UniSC is committed to creating healthy working and learning environments for staff and students. We have a range of health and wellbeing initiatives aligned to the Okanagan Charter action areas and offer opportunities for UniSC staff and students to collaborate, coordinate, and participate in health promoting activities and projects.
Current activities aligned to Okanagan Charter action areas
- SafeUSC - Security and Safety
- Safer Communities
- Student Senate
- Student Charter
- Culturally inclusive environment
- Healthy learning and natural spaces on campus
- Indigenous Services Learning Spaces
- International student support
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Support for a healthy lifestyle
- Smoke-free UniSC
- Supporting student clubs and social activities
- Gymnasium, sport and fitness
- Bicycle Hub
- University Health and Safety Policy
- Students with a Disability - Managerial Policy
- Equity, Diversity and Inclusion - Governing Policy
- Sexual Harassment Prevention (Students) - Governing Policy
- Anti-Discrimination and Freedom from Bullying and Harassment (Staff) - Governing Policy
- Anti-Discrimination and Freedom from Bullying and Harassment (Students) - Governing Policy
- Liquor Use - Managerial Policy
- Smoking Policy
- Children on Campus - Managerial Policy
- Codes of Conduct
* For PDF documents you must have the free Adobe Acrobat Reader, which can be downloaded from the Adobe Download page.
- Referral officers for North Coast Aboriginal Corporation for Community Health
- GP partnership for services delivery
- Guild Market Day health promotion stalls: eg Headspace, QAHC, Relationships Australia, Cancer Council, Family Planning