For all campus emergencies call 5430 1168 or Ext 1168.
If required, DIAL 0-000 for Emergency Services.
Internal emergency action
- Quickly assess the situation and raise the alarm by calling SafeUSC (Ext 1168).
- Follow directions of SafeUSC personnel.
- Follow the standard procedures listed below for the type of emergency.
- Assist any person in immediate danger, only if safe to do so.
- If practicable, and only if safe to do so, secure any activity or process that many become hazardous or suffer damage if left unattended as a consequence of a power failure.
- On instruction to evacuate the building, immediately cease all activity and secure personal valuables.
- Act in accordance with the directions given by ECO and SafeUSC personnel evacuate the building immediately to the nominated evacuation assembly area and assist with the evacuation of disabled occupants.
- Limit use of mobile telephones and encourage others to do the same.
- Do not leave the evacuation assembly area until advised to do so.
- DO NOT touch suspect material or put yourself at risk.
- Remove anyone in immediate danger, only if safe to do so.
- Do not allow other people in the area.
- Call SafeUSC (Ext 1168).
- If applicable, commence hazardous substance spill/leak procedure.
- Set up an isolation area appropriate to the nature of the spill.
- Do not disturb item.
- If spilt, do not try to clean it up or brush it from clothing.
- Contact SafeUSC (Ext 1168).
- If applicable commence biohazardous spill/leak procedure.
- Prevent other people from entering the area.
- Stay where you are–help will come to you.
Always refer to Emergency communications in the event of an emergency for latest announcements.
* (ECO) Emergency Control Organisation