For all campus emergencies call 5430 1168 or Ext 1168.
If required DIAL 000 for Emergency Services.
- Assist any person in immediate danger, but only if safe to do so.
- On hearing an alarm, or on instruction of ECO* personnel (Wardens), immediately cease all activity and secure personal valuables.
- Limit use of mobile telephones and encourage others to do the same.
- If practical, and only if safe to do so, secure any activity or process that may become hazardous or suffer damage if left unattended as a consequence of evacuation.
- Follow directions given by ECO* personnel, SafeUSC (Security) and/or Emergency Services.
- In a fire, do not use a lift to evacuate a building.
- Assist with the general evacuation if directed to do so by ECO* personnel.
- Assist with the evacuation of disabled occupants, but only if safe to do so.
- Move calmly to the nominated Evacuation Assembly Area and do not leave the Evacuation Assembly Area until the 'All Clear' has been given.
Always refer to Emergency communications in the event of an emergency for latest announcements.
* (ECO) Emergency Control Organisation