9 Apr 2019
Do you live in the Moreton Bay Regional Council (MBRC) area and have a child looking at studying at the new USC Moreton Bay campus from next year? If so, there may be financial support available through a range of scholarships.
The Moreton Bay Regional Council recently announced that it has partnered with USC and will offer eight scholarships of $8000 per year to eligible students who commence a degree at the new USC Moreton Bay campus from next year.
The Moreton Bay Regional Council Scholarships will support the region’s young people experiencing financial hardship achieve their higher education goals at Australia’s newest university campus.
To apply for a MBRC Scholarship students must:
- be enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student at USC’s Moreton Bay campus in a single or double degree
- be a current resident of the region for a minimum of two years immediately prior to commencement at USC's Moreton Bay campus
- be a Year 12 graduate or completed Year 12 studies no more than two years prior to commencing an undergraduate degree at USC's Moreton Bay campus
- achieve an OP1 – 10 or ATAR equivalent 99-78
- be experiencing financial hardship
- be a permanent resident of Australia, Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen or a permanent Australian Humanitarian Visa holder.
Other USC Scholarships
USC also offers a variety of other scholarships and bursaries and not just to high academic achievers or those struggling financially. They’re also available for students demonstrating sporting achievement or community activity such as volunteering, fund raising or taking on a leadership role.
How does my child apply for a scholarship?
USC has one easy online form for most of its scholarships – your child completes the application and USC will consider your child for all scholarships they are eligible for. The time it takes to complete their application may prove to be the highest paid hour of their life!
Applications for the Moreton Bay Regional Scholarships will open in September. All USC scholarship applications are due by 30 November.
Keep up to date
For the latest news, events and initiatives regarding USC Moreton Bay visit usc.edu.au/moretonbay and register for updates.