Official name: University of the Sunshine Coast
Type of university: Public
Vision: Enriching our regions, connecting with our communities and creating opportunities for all
Founded: The Sunshine Coast University College was founded in 1994, with the first students starting at the Sippy Downs campus in 1996. Full university status was granted to the new institution in 1998 and it became the University of the Sunshine Coast. Learn more about history and growth.
Find out more about policies, plans, rules and procedures.
Courses and programs
Enrolments and graduates
USC is one of Australia's fastest growing universities, with significant increases in student enrolments since foundation. The University's graduates are making their mark on our local region, nation and around the world. USC aims to grow towards having 35,000 students.
Find current enrolment and graduate figures and learn more about the student population through key statistics.
- Inaugural Chancellor: Justice GE (Tony) Fitzgerald
- Founding Vice-Chancellor and President: Professor Paul Thomas AM
- Current Chancellor: Chancellor Air Chief Marshal Sir Angus Houston AK, AFC (Ret’d)
- Current Vice-Chancellor and President: Professor Helen Bartlett
Learn more about the University's executive and structure.
Learning and teaching
- USC Sunshine Coast
- USC Gympie
- USC SouthBank
- USC Fraser Coast
- USC Caboolture
- K'gari-Fraser Island Research and Learning Centre
- School of Business and Creative Industries
- School of Education and Tertiary Access
- School of Health and Behavioural Science
- School of Law and Society
- School of Nursing, Midwifery and Paramedicine
- School of Science, Technology and Engineering
Institutes, research centres, groups and clusters
- Australian Centre for Pacific Islands Research
- Adolescent Risk Research Unit
- Centre for Human Factors and Sociotechnical Systems
- Cluster for Health Improvement
- Engage Research Cluster
- Forest Industries Research Centre
- GeneCology Research Centre
- Global Change Ecology Research Group
- Indigenous and Transcultural Research Centre
- Indigenous Studies Research Theme
- Inflammation and Healing Research Cluster
- National Centre for Timber Durability and Design Life
- NURTURE - Nursing, Midwifery and Paramedicine Group for Research Excellence
- Sexual Violence Research and Prevention Unit
- Thompson Institute
- Sustainability Research Centre
- Transcultural and Indigenous Pedagogies Research Group
- Tropical Forests and People Research Centre
- USC Road Safety Research Collaboration
Find out about research at USC.
The Library houses more than 100,000 print volumes and 40,000 digital resources. There are more than 600 computers on campus dedicated to student use.
Learn more about learning and teaching.
Annual contribution to the regional economy is estimated at more than A$500M. Find out more about the University's regional impacts.